Parents are reminded that whilst the Internet is a useful and effective learning tool, students should not be allowed to be on the Internet unsupervised. Here are some tips to help you:
- Ensure you are clear about what your child will be doing on-line and ask them to show you their work before and after Internet use.
- Limit the use of additional features such as a web cam to when you are present in the room.
- Keep computers and laptops in family areas so that you are aware of the sites your child is using.
- Report any abuse or impropriety to the apppropriate site authorities.
- Contact the Child Exploitation On line Protection (CEOP) authorities if there is anything that you suspect is inappropriate.
CEOP (www.ceop.police.uk) has some very useful resources for parents. it is quick and easy to register and you be sent regular updates on important information.